11.16.2015

SKIN PREP: NIGHT OUT/EVENT/PARTY


It's that time of year again!
 
As we are moving into the Christmas season (I've already got my advent calendar..) I've got a few events lined up for this month and the next so I thought I would show you how I prep my skin before getting my cake on.
 
First up is my moisturiser which is the Garnier Essentials Hydrating Day Care (£4.39). I use this everyday and find it sinks into my skin really nicely whilst still hydrating my skin. If my skin is feeling a little dry I may use the Origins Drink Up Overnight Mask(£23) (not pictured) the night before. I then go in with the Nivea For Men After Shave Balm (£5.35) as a primer. NikkieTutorials raves about this all the time as it has glycerine as the main ingredient which makes make up stick to it. Around my eyes I go in with a mini sample of the Origins GinZing Eye Cream (£20) which is really hydrating and refreshing. I find this helps under eyes from looking dry when I apply my concealer. To give my skin a dewy look I put MAC Strobe Cream (£24.50) on the highest points of my face including my cheekbones, centre of the forehead and the bridge of my nose. This just helps to give that glow from within look and prevents my skin from looking too matte/flat. The Benefit Porefessional (£24.50) is great for applying to the t-zone and under the eyes as it helps to smooth out by problem areas whilst preventing my concealer from creasing. I'm not sure if it aids the longevity of my make up as I'm still trialling it!
 
Have you tried any of these products? What is your #1 product for prepping the skin?
 
Thanks for reading,
Liv
3 comments on "SKIN PREP: NIGHT OUT/EVENT/PARTY"
  1. I love the Origins eye cream, it is so hydrating!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Porefessional every day, I love it!
    sirensandbells.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had thought to try the mens nivea balm but I might have to give it a go! Love porefessional.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments and i will reply to all of them!

Don't forget to follow, or leave the link of your blog as i love to discover new blogs!

Olivia X