7.20.2014

RECENT NON BEAUTY FAVES


I have been loving a lot of non beauty related stuff recently and I thought I'd show a couple of my most recent favourites.


THE SECRET HISTORY BY DONNA TARTT

I bought this book because of Katie Snooks' recommendation as she said it was her favourite book and it didn't disappoint. Although it did take a while for me to get into it, once it began to pic up speed I couldn't put it down. I would definitely recommend this book, but I wouldn't say it was an 'easy' read, mainly due to the story line (which I won't say much about in case you want to read it yourself).


ULTRAVIOLENCE - LANA DEL REY

Ultraviolence has been a firm favourite of mine ever since it was released in the UK on the 16th June. I honestly cannot sop listening to it. If you're a lover of LDR then give it a listen, if you haven't already. There has been a lot of bad press surrounding Lana about feminism and idolising people who have died young. Of you're up to date with the whole sitch you'll probably know that the author of the article made it appear worse by not including everything she was saying. How annoying. I suppose it emphasises the whole 'don't believe everything you read' sort of thing. Anyway, the album is amazing and I adore all of the songs and I really couldn't pick a favourite (I just tried to write down all my favourites then realised I had included virtually the whole track list). Plus, how beaut does Lana look on the cover? Gorgeous.


SUNNIES

This pair of sunglasses is supposed to represent some of the amazing weather we've been having recently and I've really been loving it. Although I haven't really caught much of a tan, I do enjoy just being out in the sunshine.


That's it for my recent non beauty faves! What are yours? 


Olivia x



2 comments on "RECENT NON BEAUTY FAVES"
  1. That book sounds so intriguing, I will definitely have to get myself a copy! x
    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books, so will definitely be looking into buying The Secret History. Ultraviolence Is my absolute favourite. I absolutely loved Born To Die and still listen to it so much, I was a little scared as I knew this album was going to be quite different from her second but I really am in love. Lana really is the best. I love the whole album but If I had to I'd say Sad Girl, Brooklyn Baby... Scrape that, can't get enough of the whole album. ;)

    Vanese
    www.vanzthemachinee.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments and i will reply to all of them!

Don't forget to follow, or leave the link of your blog as i love to discover new blogs!

Olivia X